We are excited to hire a worship intern for the Summer/Fall of 2017. Part of this internship is training, another part is filling a maternity leave of our worship director. This position requires 15-20 hours per week. Position will begin working closely with the Director of Worship and then will assume all duties at the beginning of Director’s maternity leave mid-July. Hours are flexible during the day, but night rehearsals 2 nights a week required, usually Mondays and Wednesdays.
This position is ideal for a current worship leader, college music/worship student or recent graduate.
- This individual needs to be a devoted follower of Jesus with an ever-deepening relationship with Him.
- As a leader of Christ’s church, this individual is expected to be of the highest moral and ethical character according to the Biblical standard.
- This is not a place for stardom or self-promotion, but instead humble leadership.
- This person will have a heart for raising up and training additional leaders.
- Schedule and lead weekly worship team music rehearsals.
- Coordinate with lead pastor to plan layout of weekly worship services and distribute service orders to all leadership.
- Musically lead Sunday morning worship services.
- Choose and compile all music (both hymns and chord charts) as needed for rehearsals.
- Prepare slides for Sunday’s music and sermons (using EasyWorship – training provided)
- Attend all staff meetings as needed.
- Assist in planning atmosphere and stage setup for each sermon series.
- Help maintain all music and sound equipment. Keep the stage area and equipment set up, ready for use and tidy week by week.
- Communicate with key worship volunteers on a weekly basis.
- Other duties as assigned – we want to work with the talents and skills you bring to the table!
- Highly organized
- Creative, yet focused
- Some working knowledge of sound and video equipment
- Working knowledge of computers (PC especially)
- Ability to read and create chord charts.
- Ability to read music.
- Able to lead a team of vocalists and instrumentalists
- Can lead a team from guitar and/or piano and lead singing.
- Previous experience in leading worship with a team.
- Studies in worship and/or worship leadership beneficial
Dates of Internship
May 2017 through December 2017. Start and end dates are flexible, recognizing a student would need to return to school late August, early September.
Reports to Director of Worship; This is a paid position, dependent on experience. No benefits. Housing is not provided.