Current Job Openings
Director of Family and Children Ministry
General Job Summary
The Director of Family and Children Ministries shall be responsible for the oversight of ministry to families with children birth through 5th grade. The primary roles will be to encourage and empower parents in their call to disciple their children and to equip others to intentionally focus on developing children into life-long followers of Jesus. This position reports to the Pastor of Spiritual Formation. It is full-time, salaried based on experience.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Encourage and empower parents to be active in the spiritual formation of their children.
- Equip adults who have a passion for the spiritual formation of children.
- Develop teams to focus on five areas: family-based discipleship, outreach, worship, Spiritual formation, and service.
- Oversee teams by giving spiritual care, vision, recruitment assistance, adequate resources and volunteer training.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Oversee the budgets of all Family and Children Ministries Teams.
- Represent the church in a positive manner.
- Strong desire to recruit, equip and train others to serve in ministry.
- Work efficiently and effectively in team situations, as well as the ability to work alone.
- Coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve problems.
- Lead with creativity and flexibility.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four year college or university; or related experience working in a church/ non-profit setting.
- Family-based discipleship experience with a proven record of recruiting and empowering others.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
Light physical work requirements sitting most of the time, but frequent standing, walking and vehicle driving also required. Other physical activities include keyboarding, kneeling, reaching, grasping and repetitive motions. Effective hearing and speaking abilities are required for frequent interpersonal communications (both verbal and written). Subject to some seasonal outside weather conditions due to travel and visitation responsibilities. Mental requirements involve dealing daily with a variety of intellectual and practical problems.
- Send a resume and cover letter explaining your sense of call to the ministry.
- Provide three references.
- Send all parts of the application to Pastor Kent Landhuis – firstname.lastname@example.org
This is intended to give a general overview of the position of Director of Family & Children’s Ministry and is not meant to be a complete list of duties. Updated October 31, 2017.