Current Job Openings (1)
- Maintenance and Operations Coordinator
- Director of Youth and Young Adults – Filled.
- Missional Coordinator – Filled.
Maintenance and Operations Coordinator
Part time – up to 15 hrs/week.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes a statement of your personal testimony of faith in Jesus, and a resume to Kent@cedarhillscr.org.
General Job Summary:
Under limited supervision, the Maintenance and Operations Coordinator is responsible for keeping the church building and facilities in a clean and orderly condition. He/She will empower volunteers to assist in this task by recruiting, training, scheduling, and supervising a support team.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop a team of volunteers to carry out maintenance and operations functions.
- Assess needs related to maintenance and operations inside and outside the church building and outdoor storage facility “Luke Building.”
- Oversee routine maintenance of the church building and grounds. (E.g. replacing light bulbs, furnace filters, pest control, routine painting projects, & general repairs.)
- Provide operational support for set up and tear down of special events. (Weddings, funerals, holiday services, conferences, etc.) Coordinate clean-up with the custodian.
- Check building and grounds for maintenance or repair problems. Oversee repairs if budgeted. When not budgeted make prompt recommendations to the deacons for major and chronic maintenance or repair problems.
- Annually review and confirm plans for the following with the deacons. Make recommendations and get approval for all changes from the deacons:
- Lawn care and mowing.
- Snow removal and plowing.
- Landscape maintenance.
- Parking lot maintenance.
- Land use plans (for un-mowed areas)
- Oversee additional seasonal cleaning as needed. (Windows, floor waxing, carpet cleaning, etc.) Coordinate with the custodian.
- Oversee maintenance of cleaning equipment and tools. Make recommendations and get approval from deacons for equipment replacement.
- Oversee the removal of clutter and unused or abandoned items as well as the orderly maintenance of storage areas.
- Identify and recommend cost saving maintenance or improvements to the deacons.
- Manage work within the maintenance budget provided.
- Participate in staff meetings and training as requested to enhance ministry collaboration.
- Present a helpful and friendly response to other Cedar Hills staff, lay leaders and volunteers, church members and visitors while performing duties.
Performance Expectations: The regular accomplishment of the above duties in an efficient manner and with timely responsiveness to both scheduled and unscheduled needs. Fulfill duties in a manner that exemplifies a Christ-like attitude to serve others and support the mission of the Cedar Hills.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent level of reading and writing skills needed. Prefer some previously successful experience in general facilities cleaning with knowledge of basic cleaning supplies and equipment usage. Must have a basic understanding of maintenance and building systems and be able to work with a variety of cleaning tools and equipment; must be a well-organized, dependable and energetic person; and must be able to relate to others in a friendly, helpful manner. Must have an eye for detail and be able to work independently in fulfilling scheduled responsibilities.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements: This position requires heavy work exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and up to 25 pounds of force regularly to lift and move objects. Work activities require walking, standing, stooping, reaching, grabbing, crouching, pulling, kneeling, pushing lifting grasping and performing repetitive motions. Good vision and hearing are also required. Must be able to read, hear and interpret direct instructions and to communicate with others both verbally and with written notes. Must be able to solve practical work-related problems and determine best action required. Work may require occasional use of gloves, safety glasses and other protective clothing. Some regular exposure to outside environmental conditions subject to seasonal heat or cold and some regular exposure to noise from mowing equipment and to oils, cleaning fluids and compounds will occur.
This is intended to give a general overview of the position of Maintenance and Operations Coordinator. It is by no means a complete list of duties. lc 4/18/19
Director of Youth and Young Adults
7-1-19 This position has been filled.
Missional Coordinator/Project Manager
4-24-19 This position has been filled.