Part-Time Children’s Church Co-Leader – Sept. 2022
General Job Summary:
The Children’s Church Co-leader shall be responsible for helping oversee the children’s church program during our regular 11am Sunday worship service with the intentional of eventually taking over for the current leader when she leaves for the mission field.
The primary role is to create a disciple-making environment for young children by leading them into age-appropriate experiences of worship, to equip and encourage volunteers and parents with the goal of growing children into life-long followers of Jesus. This a part-time contract position. As co-lead, 2hrs a week and up to 10hrs as the future leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the leader, help plan a weekly 45 min children’s church experience for the 11am worship service time.
- Occasionally provide children’s church type activities for other events at the church (Thanksgiving Eve, Leadership Retreat in Jan/Feb, Special Lent season services, etc.)
- Help recruit and equip adult volunteers who have a passion for the spiritual formation of children.
- Coordinate themes with the Sunday Classes Coordinator.
- Train to oversee the Children’s Church budget.
- Participate in staff meetings if available (We recognize our part time staff may not always be free.) Generally, the 1st Tuesday of the month at 10am.
- Have a mature faith that loves Jesus, children, and the church.
- Lead with authenticity, hospitality, creativity, and flexibility.
- Have a strong desire to recruit, equip and train others to serve in ministry.
- Work efficiently and effectively in both team situations and alone.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
Light physical work requirements sitting most of the time, but frequent standing, walking and vehicle driving also required. Other physical activities include keyboarding, kneeling, reaching, grasping and repetitive motions. Effective hearing and speaking abilities are required for frequent interpersonal communications (both verbal and written). Subject to some seasonal outside weather conditions due to travel and visitation responsibilities. Mental requirements involve dealing daily with a variety of intellectual and practical problems.
Salary paid twice monthly based on an average of 2 hours a week initially, 10 hours a week when taking over as leader. $15/hr. Contract renewable annually. No other benefits included.
To apply, please send
- Cover letter that includes a personal statement of your faith journey.
- Resume with references.
- by e-mail: ‘Kent’ @ cedarhillscr.org