Current Job Openings (1)
Maintenance and Operations Coordinator
This position has been filled.
Part time – up to 15 hrs/week.
(This position could also be combined with the part time Maintenance & Operations Coordinator above)
1. Send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position.
2. Provide three references.
3. Send all parts of the application to Pastor Kent Landhuis – firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
We are looking for a proactive, efficient, servant-hearted Custodian who understands proper cleaning methods and possess a willingness to serve our church and community through maintaining a clean, uncluttered, well-maintained building and grounds. The Custodian will ensure that all areas of the church are clean and ready for use, will maintain all cleaning equipment and supplies, will restock items, such as toilet paper, paper towels, and other supplies, will maintain supply inventory, and will assist with preparations for events.
The successful Custodian will observant, respectful, motivated, and committed to serving others. He or she will also be knowledgeable about proper chemical handling and cleaning techniques
- Maintain clean church facilities by performing weekly cleaning in all public areas of the building, including bathrooms, sanctuary, kitchens, and class rooms.
- Work with volunteers, maintenance team members and church staff to ensure that all areas are cleaned and stocked with necessary items.
- Observe proper chemical handling procedures when working with cleaning agents.
- Collect trash and recyclables from the building and grounds to be placed in their proper dumpsters.
- Assist with event preparations, set-up and clean up.
- Inventory cleaners and other supplies regularly and order new items that need to be replenished.
- Interacting with church staff and visitors in a respectful, positive manner.
- Custodial experience or training may be required.
- Understanding of cleaning techniques and safety procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Strong communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to adjust their schedule in special circumstances.
- Motivation to work independently or with others to provide thorough, efficient custodial services to the church.
This is a part-time position up to 15 hours a week.
Applications accepted until position is filled.