Current Job Openings (2)
Children’s Worship Coordinator
The Children’s Worship Coordinator shall be responsible for the oversight of a children and worship program during one of our regular weekly worship services. The primary roles will be to create a disciple-making environment for young children by leading them into age-appropriate experiences of worship and to equip and encourage volunteers and parents with the goal of growing children into life-long followers of Jesus. This a part-time contract position. It may be combined with any other open position.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Equip adults who have a passion for the spiritual formation of children.
- Coordinate volunteers and resources to maintain a children’s worship experience and grow a passion for children and worship.
- Encourage and empower parents to be active in the spiritual formation of their children.
- Coordinate with the Sunday Classes Coordinator.
- Oversee budget.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Love Jesus, children, and the church.
- Lead with authenticity, hospitality, creativity, and flexibility.
- Have a strong desire to recruit, equip and train others to serve in ministry.
- Work efficiently and effectively in team situations, as well as the ability to work alone to oversee this ministry.
- Quickly analyze and resolve problems.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
Light physical work requirements sitting most of the time, but frequent standing, walking and vehicle driving also required. Other physical activities include keyboarding, kneeling, reaching, grasping and repetitive motions. Effective hearing and speaking abilities are required for frequent interpersonal communications (both verbal and written). Subject to some seasonal outside weather conditions due to travel and visitation responsibilities. Mental requirements involve dealing daily with a variety of intellectual and practical problems.
Salary paid twice monthly based on an average of 10 hours a week. Contract renewable annually. No other benefits included.
To apply, please send
- Cover letter that includes a personal statement of your faith journey.
- Resume with references.
- by e-mail to Pastor Kent Landhuis
Interim Worship Leader/Worship Intern
Job summary: A worship ministry interim leader or worship intern to train and lead our worship ministry during our Worship Director’s maternity leave. This position can begin in November/December and would continue into February. (Start and end dates are flexible)
This position requires 15-20 hours per week. Position will begin working closely with the Director of Worship and then will assume all duties at the beginning of Director’s maternity leave. Hours are flexible, but Sunday mornings 7:30am-12:30pm are required, as is Christmas Eve.
This position is ideal for a current worship leader, college student or recent graduate.
We have a great and knowledgeable team of volunteers who are ready to work with you and beside you!
- Schedule and lead weekly worship teams for two Sunday services (one traditional, one modern).
- Coordinate with lead pastor to plan layout of weekly worship services and distribute service orders to all leadership.
- Musically lead Sunday morning worship services.
- Choose and compile all music (both hymns and chord charts) as needed for rehearsals.
- Prepare slides for Sunday’s music and sermons (using EasyWorship – training provided)
- Attend staff meetings as needed.
- Help maintain all music and sound equipment. Keep the stage area and equipment set up, ready for use and tidy week by week.
- Assist in leading Christmas Eve rehearsals and services.
Skills in web editing, audio/video editing, and graphic design are a definite plus. We have other technical parts of the position that could potentially also be covered by the same interim director or intern.
- Ability to play and vocally lead from guitar and/or piano.
- Some working knowledge of sound and video equipment
- Working knowledge of computers (PC especially)
- Ability to read and create chord charts.
- Ability to read music (desired but not required).
- Able to lead a team of vocalists and instrumentalists
- Studies in music or worship leadership beneficial
Dates of Internship: Late November/Early December through February. Start and end dates are flexible.
Reports to: Director of Worship; this is a paid position, dependent on experience, beginning at $15/hr. No benefits. Housing is not provided.
To Apply: complete this questionnaire and follow the instructions to apply.