August 9, 2020
Wired for Passion
- Luke 5—Peter followed.
- Matthew 14—Peter walked on water.
- John 13—Peter didn't want to be washed.
- Matthew 26—Peter denied Jesus.
- John 21—Peter is recommissioned.
- Acts 4—Peter is empowered.
1. Know your passion
- A. What kind of legacy do I want to leave?
- B. What makes me lose track of time?
- C. What problems bother you the most? (Your passion lies in addressing those.)
- D. What do those close to you say you are passionate about?
- E. What do you dream about doing?
2. Grow your passion.
3. Submit your passion.
4. Mobilize your passion.
- Romans 12:1 “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,”
- 1 Corinthians 9:24,27 “24 Don’t you know that the runners in a stadium all race, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way to win the prize….. 27 Instead, I discipline my body and bring it under strict control, so that after preaching to others, I myself will not be disqualified.”
How has God spoken to you through today's message?
Take a moment and let Steve.