Our Fall season of ministry will begin Sunday, August 21. Classes for ages 3 to adult will be open, as well as the nursery for ages 0-36mo. Help us plan by registering the whole family for this next season of ministry.
Adult Classes (18+)
A Place to Stand
Teacher – Kent Landhuis, Gary Mills, Gary Sager
- In light of the rapidly shifting values and intense divisiveness in our world, where can followers of Jesus stand with confidence? Sound doctrine based on a God-centered worldview helps us find solid ground. We will explore the Bible and the Heidelberg Catechism to discover the unshakeable, unmovable character of God and find that we have a beautiful and solid foundation upon which we can find our footing to stand firm in the face of all of today’s challenges.
- REGISTER NOW
SUNDAY CLASS #2
(in partnership with Parenting Together class)
This class will help cultivate conversations around sex, sexuality, and gender. Specifically, how to:
- Communicate biblical truths to your students/teens which include God’s abundant grace.
- Think theologically when it comes to same sex attraction and transgender identities.
- Consider the language and posture you use in your youth ministry/home; learning the nuances of these conversations through countless real-life stories from faithful Christians who have a gospel-centered perspective on sexuality.
Hosted in partnership with the Parenting Together community–all are welcome to join this class. REGISTER NOW
SUNDAY CLASS #3
Digging in the Old Testament and Finding Jesus
Teacher: Joanne Lodge
- Time and time again I have heard people say, “My study about Jesus starts in the New Testament and I don’t see much value in reading the Old Testament scriptures.” Jesus, in Luke 24:27, joins two men walking on the road to Emmaus. The Word says, “Beginning with Moses and the prophets, He (Jesus) interpreted for them the things concerning Himself in all the scriptures.” I began to think there are connections previewed in the Old Testament that could lead me to a greater knowledge of Jesus–I need to do some digging there!
- This analogy came to mind: the fireworks display is always spectacular, but think back on the feelings of anticipation you have as you get ready for the big production. Things in the past have given you the hope, expectation and excitement for what is to come.
- Get ready, let’s dig into the Old Testament and find Jesus.
- REGISTER NOW
FRIDAY CLASS (begins Sept 9)
The Pattern of Paul: A Man in Christ
Teacher: Rick Carolan
- FRIDAY EVENINGS, 6-8pm, Sept 9-Nov. 18 (class will be limited to the first 15 registrations)
- God has given the Church both a model Christ and a pattern Christian to guide our steps: The One showing us God in man; the other showing us a man in Christ.
- This 11-week Bible study of the Apostle Paul’s letters will cover various aspects of the doctrine and experience of Christian perfection. Paul believed the Lord Jesus was able to save to the uttermost—to save from all sins committed, and all sin inherited and to present the church without spot or wrinkle to the Father. The study is designed to strengthen your faith, confirm your hope in Jesus Christ and awaken the hearts of those who hunger and thirst after righteousness.
- The “Pattern of Paul” Bible study is led by Rick Carolan and meets on Friday nights 6-8pm in Rick & Leah Carolan’s garage (NE side near Mount Mercy). It runs September 9th through November 18, ending the week before Thanksgiving.
- There is no cost to attend. Coffee provided. No childcare available.
- For more information, email Rick at firstname.lastname@example.org
- REGISTER NOW
SUNDAY CLASS #4 (Begins Oct. 23)
You Belong (Cedar Hills Membership)
Teaching Team: Kent Landhuis, Gary Mills, Deb Cameron
- **Begins October 23** – You can make deeper connections with God and God’s family at Cedar Hills when you belong. In “You Belong” you will also discover that God heals brokenness and restores all he created through a community of people who love one another. Grow hospitality, authenticity, forgiveness, and restoration that transforms us and our neighbors! After completing this class, attendees have the option of joining Cedar Hills as a member. “You Belong” will run for 8 weeks and will be done before Christmas. REGISTER NOW
Children, Ages 0 to 36 Months
Children ages 0 to 36 months are welcome to use the nursery during the 9:45am classes and during the 11am service. (At 3 years old, children begin attending the pre-K Sunday classes). Kathryn Pisch is our Nursery Ministry Coordinator.
Children, Pre-k to 5th Grade
Sunday Classes: Children ages preschool to 5th grade can register for classes to be held during the 9:45am classes hour. Cathy Poole is the staff member coordinating the children’s Sunday classes. REGISTER
Children’s Church: At the 11am service is a special time of worship for children ages 3 to 3rd grade. Children start in the big service with their families and then are dismissed after the opening songs. Melissa Harkness coordinates Children’s Church. REGISTER
Youth (6th-12th Grade)
Classes for our youth include Faith Quest – for 8th graders wanted to pursue membership of Cedar Hills (our version of confirmation), Sunday morning classes, and Sunday evening Journey youth group. Steve Poole is the staff member overseeing youth ministry.
The youth will begin the year with a special series “Christian Sexuality”. A complimentary class for adults is also being offered. REGISTER for YOUTH MINISTRY
Big Wheel Pizza & Cinnamon Rolls
Big Wheel Pizza will be on site, serving their famous 4 ft pizzas! We’ll also have Diane Potter’s famous homemade cinnamon rolls. Plan to come early (or stay after) to grab a bite to eat.