RENEW AND RESTORE
A new sermon series for 2021 – A celebration of God’s promises! There was good reason in Old Testament times for God to call his people to renew their devotion to God. God’s people frequently forgot God and drifted in their devotion to him. This forgetfulness and drift has happened to every generation of believers and still happens today! We fail to appreciate God’s goodness, the depth of our spiritual laziness, and our indifference to the things that matter most. Begin 2021 with a celebration of God’s promises and find renewal and restoration of spiritual vitality. Ezra and Nehemiah will guide our celebration of God’s promises.
- January 3 – Renewed Vitality. Ezra 1-2
- January 10 – Renewed Worship. Ezra 3
- January 17 – Renewed Grace. Ezra 4-5
- January 24 – Restored Truth. Ezra 7-10
- January 31 – Restored Prayer. Nehemiah 1-4
- February 7 – Restored Grit. Nehemiah 2-6
- February 14 – Restored Obedience. Nehemiah 8-12
Our leadership board, the Consistory, is made up of deacons, elders, and pastors who discern the path God calls us to follow, who keep us on that path, and who celebrate progress along the way. We will install our newly elected deacons (Beth Brockette and Brad Hoeppner) and elders (Heidi Flamming and Deb DeHaan) on Sunday, January 3. They will serve with our current leaders to form the 2021 Consistory.
Deacons: Beth Brockette, Melissa Dahm, John Davidson, Brad Hoeppner, Nancy Josifek, and Josh Oberembt
Elders: Gary Mills (Vice President), Deb Cameron, Pastor Alan Crandall, Deb DeHaan, Heidi Flamming, Robin Joens, Pastor Kent Landhuis, and Diane Potter
The Consistory is committed to growing our ministry by making disciples who love, belong, and serve. We value hospitality, authenticity, forgiveness, and restoration. Pray for the consistory and staff as we meet for our annual leadership retreat January 29-30. Thank you!
Bible Reading Plan
Rediscover the unified story of Scripture by reading through the Bible in 2021. Follow this plan and discover renewal. We’ll be using “The Bible Recap” – a daily schedule of readings with an accompanying podcast. Follow the steps below to get set-up for January 1st. There are options for those who prefer paper and those who will be using their mobile devices:
- Print users: Print your plan. There are copies of this plan available in the Gathering Space at The Hub.
- For digital users: Download the Bible app. Sign up for your reading plan “The Bible Recap” (While you’re in there, ‘friend’ Cedar Hills!)
- Subscribe to The Bible Recap podcast. Available on iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Podbean | Google | Google Play | YouTube
- Listen to the prep episodes before the end of the year to get off to a good start:
- Prep Ep 1: Let’s Read the Bible in a Year (Chronological Plan)!
- Prep Ep 2: How I Learned to Love (Reading) the Bible
- Prep Ep 3: Why Reading the Whole Bible is Important (interview with Lee McDerment)
- Prep Ep 4: Preparing to Read the Bible
- Prep Ep 5: Avoiding Common Mistakes: What to Look for When You Read the Bible
- Prep Ep 6: Reading the Bible in Community
Blessings to you all!
The Cedar Hills Consistory