Wired for Good
“But the Lord said to Samuel, ‘Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.'” ~ 1 Samuel 16:7
1. God calls us. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
2. God shapes us. (1 Samuel 16-17)
3. God sends us.
- Take up your cross and follow ~ Luke 9:23
- Reflect and restore God’s image ~ Genesis 1
- Our particular place—right person, right time, right reason.
- Listen for God’s call.
- Follow God’s call.
“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” ~ Micah 6:8
Christians have every reason to seek justice for everyone in every situation.
1. Lament injustice.
- Beware of bandwagon bias.
- Beware of selective proof-testing.
- Beware of over-simplification.
- “Now let the fear of the Lord be on you. Judge carefully, for with the Lord our God there is no injustice or partiality or bribery.” ~ 2 Chronicles 19:7
2. Celebrate justice.
- “When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.” ~ Proverbs 21:15
- “Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.” ~ Matthew 12:18
3. Do justice.
- Isaiah 1:17-27, 10:1-3
- Luke 4:14-21
- 2 Corinthians 5:11-21
What will you do?