Category Archives: Worship
Worship Wednesday – Your Love Awakens Me
Wired for Good
Wired for Good
“But the Lord said to Samuel, ‘Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.'” ~ 1 Samuel 16:7
1. God calls us. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
2. God shapes us. (1 Samuel 16-17)
3. God sends us.
- Take up your cross and follow ~ Luke 9:23
- Reflect and restore God’s image ~ Genesis 1
- Our particular place—right person, right time, right reason.
- Listen for God’s call.
- Follow God’s call.
Consuming Fire – Worship Moment
Enjoy a moment of worship. “Consuming Fire, fan into flame a passion for Your name…”
Love Mercy – Sunday, July 12, 2020
Do Justice. Sunday, July 5, 2020
“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” ~ Micah 6:8
Christians have every reason to seek justice for everyone in every situation.
1. Lament injustice.
- Beware of bandwagon bias.
- Beware of selective proof-testing.
- Beware of over-simplification.
- “Now let the fear of the Lord be on you. Judge carefully, for with the Lord our God there is no injustice or partiality or bribery.” ~ 2 Chronicles 19:7
2. Celebrate justice.
- “When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.” ~ Proverbs 21:15
- “Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.” ~ Matthew 12:18
3. Do justice.
- Isaiah 1:17-27, 10:1-3
- Luke 4:14-21
- 2 Corinthians 5:11-21
What will you do?
Pics of June 7 Worship
Find Sermons Online
Did you know you can listen and watch past Cedar Hills sermons online? We’ve created quite the archive the extends back almost five years of audio!
If you are a podcast listener, you’ll find Cedar Hills on most of the major podcast players:
With the unique changes that COVID-19 brought to our congregation, we also added on a video catalog of the services, available on Vimeo.
With so many options available, we can all stay connected, growing in the Word, and moving forward as one peope – the Body of Christ!
Be blessed today!
Cedar Hills Media Ministry
The Easter Stage No One Saw
The Easter Stage No One Saw
Last week, I had the task of tearing down the decorations from our Easter stage. Easter fell right after the beginning of closures due to the pandemic. Because I had already purchased the decorations for our stage, I decorated the stage anyway thinking it might make a nice back drop for the live feed.
But last week, I tore it down. It was strangely emotional. At first I was sad that no one really saw it and then it quickly became a symbol of all the changes thrown at our church over the last couple of months. And then I was angry. I’ll be honest—there were times when I was ripping down green vines and not doing so ‘gently’ and I didn’t care. Up and down the ladder I climbed, throwing vines around, tossing fabric in piles, pulling out nails with a vengeance and chucking props across the stage with all the might I could muster. I just wanted it down and off the stage. For good. It was the stage no one saw.
This stage has made me doubt my leadership. Who was I apart from leading on this stage? How do I lead without my people? Where are they? And why do I feel so very alone? The role I’ve stepped into for the last 12 years is now extremely different and I’m not even sure how to function.
So I’ll be honest—I’m over here slightly floundering. I’m pretty much miserable and down. I just want things back the way they were. Our home life is different, my kids’ lives are different, and my crazy introversion and lack of people skills has become more evident than ever.
I don’t know how to lead through this change.
Change is never easy, but the rate at which things are changing now seems to come in floods and giant waves week-to-week.
So this song’s got a hold on me lately. I’ve heard it for years, but suddenly the words are speaking loud and clear to my little tormented heart:
So I wonder—how are you? Let me know – judgement free.
Director of Worship & Media
Did you enjoy this article? Let us know.
Sunday, May 24 – Links & Info
Sunday, May 24, 2020
Watch Live at 11am (music begins at 10:50am)
- Sunday Sermon Guide
- Sign the bulletin “tear-off”
- Give Online
- Cedar Hills is reuniting for services Sunday, June 7
- Need encouragement? A fresh 90 secs to inspire you today – Pastor Kent
- “The Mystery of Belonging” – Last Sunday’s Sermon – Pastor Kent
- A Worship Moment – “This is Amazing Grace” – with Leah Carolan
Cedar Hills Kids:
- Explorers Kids Lesson & Worship – Love Foundations pt.5 – with Rick Carolan
- Cedar Hills is reuniting for services Sunday, June 7 at 8:30am and 11am, and continuing the online streaming at 11am. We welcome you to attend, if you feel comfortable doing so. There will be a few changes however to our normal services and we want to let you know what to expect… Read more.
- Congrats Graduates! Enjoy this short video highlighting all of our 2020 graduates – high school and beyond! Watch now.
- Become a Member of Cedar Hills – New eight week class begins June 7. Have you been at Cedar Hills for a while, but are unsure how to connect further? Our new partnership class is your next step. At Cedar Hills, we are the kind of people who share hospitality… Read more
- The Cedar Hills App – Download the Cedar Hills app. Use it for mobile giving, submitting prayer requests, the Bible, weather updates, and insider information. Download now