Cedar Hills Community Church is seeking a part-time Ambassador of Care to join our staff.
General Job Summary:
The Ambassador of Care will oversee the care ministries of Cedar Hills as they relate to individuals in our congregation and community who need support and encouragement. This role will focus on welcoming new faces and pastoral care for special needs. This position reports to the Pastor of Preaching and Leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and train a team of ambassadors to help individuals find their way into the life of Cedar Hills Community Church.
- Recruit a team of caregivers to provide support for individuals facing illness, hospitalization, death or other life crisis.
- Work with Elders and others to provide care and Communion for shut-ins.
- Track members and friends of the congregation who have been absent or disconnected.
- Champion missional communities as the preferred path for both welcome and care.
- Exhibit a passion for God and a Christ-like spirit.
- Demonstrate skill in applying Biblical principles.
- Encourage spiritual growth.
- Team building.
- Creativity, flexibility, and responsiveness.
- Represent the church in a positive manner.
- Experience in pastoral care.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of interpersonal situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
This is a half time position (20hrs/week). Ordination is not required.
- Send a cover letter that includes a personal statement of your faith journey.
- a resume with references.
- by e-mail: Pastor Kent Landhuis
This is intended to give a general overview of the position of Ambassador of Care and is not meant to be a complete list of duties. February 13, 2020 – LC